Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last day of Orientation!

UCT has funny notes all over the place. These two I find hilarious:






















We celebrated our last day of orientation by hanging out in Langa. My friend Kristin came over today and played field hockey with some of the neighborhood kids. It's so great to just come home and have all the kids waiting for you! They are literally waiting at the gate and there's a mob when you arrive.
This is a random baby I saw that was just so cute I had to take a picture!

Here are 3 of the youngest in the hood. Linathi is on the left, Lukah (whitey's son) is in the middle, and Luthando is on the right. Whitey calls Luthando "China". When I asked him why, he said "just look at his eyes!" These people are really funny!
The garbage trucks here are mercedes-benz. I find that hilarious and ironic. The thing holding trash is a luxury vehicle.
here's Brownie looking all cute and innocent after he ate one of my shoes. Note the sole (or whats left of it) next to his paw:

1 comment:

  1. So you found Brownie? I hope this was taken AFTER he went missing. Sorry about the shoe!

    ReplyDelete