Monday, January 18, 2010

I am here...FINALLY!!

After traveling non-stop since 7am on January 17th, I'm finally here in Cape Town, South Africa on January 18th at 11:55pm. Total travel time: 41 hours.
I flew from Seattle, to DC, then DC to Johannesburg with a pit stop in Senegal. Then from Joburg to Cape Town! I arranged someone to pick me up from the airport and he was holding a sign with my name on it! I felt famous.

Tonight I'm staying at a house in Kenilworth. It's a very very very nice and safe neighborhood and all the houses have pools and gated entrances. A fellow student in my program has a roommate where she goes to school at UPenn who is from SA, so we stayed at her house. They were very hospitable! The mom offered us food and tea and a shower (after almost 2 days of not showering, I called dibbs!) Everyone got to bed around 2am, but we got to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment